Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Lafayette, Louisiana

Right now I am sitting in a hotel room (like I do most of the time) at a rodeo in Lafayette, Louisiana. I was up in slack this morning and charm and I had such a great run going for us until we got to the third. She fell completely down to her chest because the dirt fell out from underneath us as we turned the barrel and when she went to pick herself up again she still couldn't get her footing and her feet slipped out from underneath her again. We weren't too far off of the fastest time still though so I think that if that wouldn't have happened we probably would have actually gotten a check at this rodeo. It seems like stuff like that happens to us a lot but thats ok because everybody has to pay their dues in this game before they can start to do good so I'm ok with it! We are in Alexandria, Louisiana on Friday night during the actual performance though so I'm hoping that that turns out a little differently. Charm has been doing way good lately so I'm just waiting for all the stars to line up so that we can start to win a little bit. I haven't really spent a whole lot of time in Louisiana before this and it's funny because everybody at the rodeo keeps on telling me to wait until I hear a Cajun person speak. Well, last night we were at the Waffle House (they are everywhere down here!) and our waitress was a Cajun lady and I don't really see what the talk was all about. I guess that she wasn't like they usually are though because apparently you can hardly understand them. Down here it is so much different then at home and there is a lot more racial comments and what not. Probably because there is a lot more diversity. It's really great to be able to have this opportunity to be here though and I'm still happy that I made the decision to come here.

1 comment: